9.14.2008

Harrison Sand Sculptures

One last thing on my list of things to do this summer was to go to Harrison to see the sand sculptures. I have never been to this event before, and really enjoyed the art and creativity that went into each sculpture. I took plenty of photos, but did my best to narrow it down to a few for this post... although the pictures aren't the same as being there in person. 

An isle of sculptures...

A not so traditional sandcastle...
Entitled "Bringing water to the sea"...
Melissa's favorite... a big cat!
Melissa throwing coins to the street singer and his howling dog...
Melissa cuddling with Pop, trying to get warm...

"People's Choice" and one of our favorites... a boy looking at turtles in a glass(less) tank... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! It looks like fun.

You need to blog your birthday. :-)

Donna said...

I will do that... :)