7.05.2008

Abbotsford Berry Festival

The last two days Melissa & I have enjoyed going to the Abbotsford Berry Festival. Here are a few highlights I managed to capture.

Melissa was delighted by the special wand balloon Mr. Flowers made for her...

Memorized by this art form...
Blowing a balloon within a balloon. I was very impressed by the strength he must have in his cheek muscles. 
It took much coaching, and plenty of luck for me to capture this brief moment of Melissa going up to Mr. Flowers to get the wand balloon. She wasn't so sure of this clown guy! She kept one foot planted as far back as possible and reached!

Here was a big first! Melissa asked to go into the big bouncy castle (it happened to be a Disney Princess themed one, I'm sure this helped). I didn't take her serious when she said she wanted to go in, as I have asked her if she wanted to many times before. But she stopped dead in her tracks saying she wanted to go in! So we turned around, got in line, and took off her shoes. When it came time for her to get on, she chickened out. But I couldn't get her to put her shoes back on, and she insisted she wanted to try it again. So the next batch of children she went on this time! Mind you she jumped in a very safe area where she could see me at all times, and didn't go on the slide or anything fancy, but this was a big step... and she looked as though she was enjoying herself!
Belle (along with all the Disney Princesses) adorned this huge bouncy castle. What little girl could resist?!

Craft time at the Lantern Fest tent. Melissa decorated her own lantern...
Watching the center stage "talent" shows... balloon and sucker in hand!

No comments: