3.15.2008

First Haircut

So Ken has been on me to get Melissa's hair cut. I have been very reluctant, but finally agreed this past week as it had become quite the challenge to keep her hair out of her eyes. We booked a hair appointment and had Melissa all pepped up... and then our hairdresser was sick. Melissa begged and pleaded... then asked me to do it! So I got out my hair cutting gear and did the honours...

A before picture of her beautiful long locks and a very eager little girl...
Sitting very bravely on my barber's chair... 
(well honestly she is busy watching a Dora video)
Snipping off the curly, blonde tips...
Her new set of bangs to help keep her hair out of her eyes...
Countless times asking "am I done now?" This was a new challenge for me, cutting the hair of a short attention spanned, fidgety, little girl!


Melissa is so very proud of her new haircut, and if she remembers she will ask you if you like it too! I personally am still adjusting, I was very attached to her long hair... but I know it will grow back :)

4 comments:

Farha said...

Our 'salon' operates with Dora too!

Melissa's new 'do looks great! (And no wonder, what a pro you are with a cape and everything!)

Anonymous said...

Good job!
Nani

Sarah said...

Great job!!! I cut the boys hair, but it usually just involves the sheers! Elise's hair is coming in curly, so I don't know if I'll ever want to cut it!!!!!

Donna said...

I still am grieving the bang-less long hair... but Melissa loves it. If I could go back in time I wouldn't cut it. Maybe it will get better when it is longer, but it just doesn't curl as nice. She has her three year photos this week and I just don't know how I'm going to do it.