3.27.2008

Cute Antics

I just love the creative ideas that flow through Melissa's mind. She is constant with the chit-chat. Honestly there is rarely a quiet moment between her talking and singing made up songs. Tonight we were gardening outside, and for me it is normally enjoyed as a quiet time to reflect, but that wasn't the case at all! Overall though I kinda had it coming, as I was (and still can be) a little bit of a chatterbox myself! In many ways I understand how she feels, and how it feels to have someone listen to what you have to say. 

Melissa has this cute way of showing her love and affection. She loves to tell those she loves "I miss you all-the-time" (even when we've been together all day!). It's just the way she says it, so endearing! Basically it is her way of saying "I love you". Tonight she was just truly enjoying our time together and just kept wanting the conversation keep going. She would stop everything and out of no where say to me "Mama, I have to ask you a question," and she then put her hand on my shoulder like she was getting into something deep. She then asked, "How are you feeling?" (it's likely I have done this to her many a time, and she is mimicking me!)

Maybe this post is more for me to remember these antics which touch my heart and make me feel so warm with motherly love :)  The best part about tonight was went she said to me... "Mama, you are my best friend!"

No comments: